Study Sociology and learn to analyze ongoing social transformations and predict the consequences of these transformations for regions and local communities. During class activities you will discover how to research changes in the labour market, work in the field of social communication problems and diagnose phenomena of social pathology. Depending on your chosen specialization, you will be able to expand your knowledge in the fields of social communication, marketing, advertising and new media, social psychology, or criminology.
The classes are taught by eminent specialists and researchers in the social sciences, such as sociologists of culture, ethnic minorities, art, contemporary culture and philosophical knowledge. Experts include Prof. Jadwiga Koralewicz, Prof. Stanisław Mocek, Prof. Jan Pakulski, Prof. Jan Skórzyński, Prof. Tadeusz Gadacz, Dr Katarzyna Iwińska, Dr Sergiusz Trzeciak, and Dr Marek Troszyński.
You will acquire factual knowledge in the following areas:
- tools used for qualitative and quantitative analysis,
- the concept of the organization of social life,
- civil society and public space,
- social structures and the formation of social institutions,
- theories on interpersonal relationships.
You will acquire practical skills in the following areas:
- how to solve social problems and conflicts,
- how to communicate with the environment,
- how to conduct analyses and produce statistics,
- how to design, monitor and verify programmes for solving contemporary social problems.
- public sector,
- market research and opinion poll companies,
- public and government administrative organs,
- social services
- election campaign teams.