Food processing, safety and quality
Graduates in Food Processing, Safety and Quality have great knowledge and skills in: various processes in food industry, quality safety, and economic science.
They are educated to be specialists experienced in food processing, preservation, storage as well as in food quality control.
Dla kogo studia na kierunku food processing, safety and quality
Applicants should be fluent in English (B2 level by means of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages – CEFR or equivalent). In case of lack of language certificate an online interview is possible.
Program kształcenia na kierunku food processing, safety and quality
Selected mandatory courses:
- General and Inorganic Chemistry,
- Information Technology,
- Chemical Calculations for Food Scientists,
- Basics of Organization and Management in Food Industry,
- Principles of Physics,
- Ergonomics and Occupational Health & Safety,
- Ecology and Environmental Protection,
- Biological Basics of Food Organic Chemistry,
- Graphics for Engineers,
- Food Law,
- Regulations and Standards Veterinary Control in Food Safety,
- Statistics for Food Engineers,
- Food Packaging Systems,
- Materials and Machinery,
- Food Microbiology,
- Principles of Food Technology,
- Food Chemistry,
- Food Processing Engineering,
- Technology, Quality and Safety of Meat and Meat Products,
- Technology, Quality and Safety of Fruit, Vegetables and Mushrooms Products,
- Sensory Evaluation of Food,
- Food Allergies and Intolerances,
- Food Safety Management Systems,
- Technology, Quality and Safety of Milk and Dairy Products.
Przedmioty maturalne i zasady rekrutacji na kierunku food processing, safety and quality
Candidate should have a secondary/high school- exam certificate or equivalent, or the matriculation exam at the basic level in one subject selected from the list (mathematics, chemistry, physics with astronomy, biology, a foreign language).
Perspektywy pracy po kierunku food processing, safety and quality
The graduates can therefore occupy engineering positions in enterprises, companies, or institutions engaged in the processing, quality control, or distribution of food. Graduates are skilled to organize and control production, including machinery and equipment selection, and perform economic analyses. They know the principles of the food market and product marketing.
Opinie o kierunku food processing, safety and quality
After finishing the study graduate is prepared to implement and supervise, improve processes in processing, as well as food safety and quality management systems in enterprises. He has skills in assessing the quality of food products with the use of sensory analysis methods and modern instrumental analysis methods.